Before The Wind: True Stories About Sailing
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
Words of wisdom, humor, practical advice, and ripping yarns.
Twenty-five selections from some of the world's most famous authors and sailors.
- Joshua Slocum, the first man to sail around the world alone
- Richard Henry Dana's extraordinary account of beginning a sailor's life
- Ted Turner's racing strategy
- Clare Francis on her transatlantic solo race
- Robert Louis Stevenson's emigrant passage of North America
- Jack London sailing in Polynesia
Plus portraits of:
- Dennis Conner
- Thomas Lipton
- Jacques Cousteau
- Ernest Shackleton
- The great schooner Bluenose
- and more
We Also Recommend
The Ultimate Sniper: An Advanced Training Manual For Military And Police Snipers
Immortal Moments In Cardinals History
The Pro Football Hall Of Fame 50Th Anniversary Book: Where Greatness Lives
Mt. Hood & Willamette National Forest - Trails Illustrated Map #820