Core Java Se 9 For The Impatient (2Nd Edition)
Attention: For textbook, access codes and supplements are not guaranteed with used items.
An Accessible Guide to the Java Language and Libraries
Modern Java introduces major enhancements that impact the core Java technologies and APIs at the heart of the Java platform. Many old Java idioms are no longer needed and new features such as modularization make you far more effective. However, navigating these changes can be challenging.
Core Java SE 9 for the Impatient, Second Edition, is a complete yet concise guide that includes all the latest changes up to Java SE 9. Written by Cay S. Horstmannauthor of the classic two-volume Core Javathis indispensable tutorial offers a faster, easier pathway for learning modern Java. Given Java SE 9s size and the scope of its enhancements, theres plenty to cover, but its presented in small chunks organized for quick access and easy understanding.
Horstmanns practical insights and sample code help you quickly take advantage of all thats new, from Java SE 9s long-awaited Project Jigsaw module system to the improvements first introduced in Java SE 8, including lambda expressions and streams.
- Use modules to simplify the development of well-performing complex systems
- Migrate applications to work with the modularized Java API and third-party modules
- Test code as you create it with the new JShell Read-Eval-Print Loop (REPL)
- Use lambda expressions to express actions more concisely
- Streamline and optimize data management with todays Streams API
- Leverage modern concurrent programming based on cooperating tasks
- Take advantage of a multitude of API improvements for working with collections, input/output, regular expressions, and processes
Whether youre just getting started with modern Java or youre an experienced developer, this guide will help you write tomorrows most robust, efficient, and secure Java code.
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and/or corrections as they become available.
We Also Recommend
Bully Signature Series Guide (Signature Series(Bradygames))
Surreptitious Software: Obfuscation, Watermarking, And Tamperproofing For Software Protection: Obfuscation, Watermarking, And Tamperproofing For Software Protection
Pentium Processor System Architecture (2Nd Edition)